A Buddha in Khon Kaen

A Buddha in Khon Kaen - Thailand

Along the north-east side of the ring-road of Khon Kaen city is build a brand ** new standing Buddha image. It might not be the biggest in the world but it is quit big. The point where the lotus-flower (on which the Buddha image is standing) is I think 4 storey high. They are expecting a lot of visitors as there is parking space for about 1.000 cars! When I was there I saw about 5 people and that incl. the security guard! For some information (in Thai) see Thai Publica

** = For me brand new but as I understand they started building this a few years ago

Popular posts from this blog

The Rice Field Project Part 6 : Getting electricity

A small Mekong River trip in Laos and Thailand

On the motorbike to Lom Sak and Loei

Traveling a few days to Loei