The Chao Phraya River in Bangkok


I love rivers and travelling over rivers. So when I am in Bangkok and I have some time left I try to make trip to the Chao Phraya River, the real heart of Bangkok. It is so easy and cheap to take the Express-boat or one of the many ferries that cross the river. As of the Express-boat, just step on the boat and pay the ordinary ticket (price depending on the distance you travel). Most ferries are paid before entering the pier .... a whole 2 Thai baht and 50 Satang!

As I had lunch at the Hilton I took the Hilton-shuttle boat to Sathorn Pier. From here you can take the Skytrain (BTS). But the all area is lovely just to walk in the small soi's, passing temples, markets, schools and a part of the old days of Krungthep.

The Captain at work

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Bus to Don Muang Airport in Bangkok

Having dinner at Poom 3 Restaurant in Nan

Mae Salong Nok in Chiang Rai

Loei province Tourist Attractions map