One night in Phitsanulok

I had not been in Phitsanulok for a long time and now I had some time to explorer the city center. As I had my bicycle with me I took my bicycle. But if you have no transport, there are still many bicycle samlors in Phitsanulok and they are happy to ride you a tour in the city.

As my hotel (Topland) was located right next to the famous "Wat Phra Sri Ratana" temple I did go there first. It might be seen as a tourist attraction but it is also still a place of worship and there were many people making merit. From there I did go along the riverside, what is a popular area for the local people to exercise, eat and just meet each other. A bit further along the riverside is the night market with some pubs and restaurants. It is a great area in the city to spend the evening.

From there I did bicycle back to the clock-tower and the old fashioned train-station where an old steam locomotive is parked in front of the station. The evening was a great combination of culture, a touch of modern life and history. I enjoyed it very much!

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping at the Kad Kong Ta Walking Street Market in Lampang

Getting lost again in Bangkok

Loei province Tourist Attractions map

Links about traveling that I just like