Google+

Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Khun Chef Restaurant (Wang Nam Khieo, Thailand)


Location : Along the route to Khao Yai coming from Wang Nam Khieo (route #304)
Price tag : We did eat 3 dishes and did drink 2 fruit juices for 550 Thai baht (2 persons)

At recommendation of a friend of mine I took a left from route #304 in direction of Khao Yai to have lunch at "Khun Chef". A kind of bistro restaurant serving steak, pasta and Thai food. The "chef" had a restaurant in Belgium for many years and so of course there is a huge selection of Belgium beers for an reasonable price (at least in Thailand). The restaurant is located directly along the road (about 3km from route #304) with a beautiful view over de landscape of Wang Nam Khieo. There is a small parking lot in front of the restaurant and there is only outside seating. Be aware of the fact that the menu is for 90% in Thai and that the staff more or less does not speak any other language as Thai. So good that my wife was traveling with me!


We both did drink a really fresh fruit juice and we did order 3 dishes, my choice was duck in a sauce of Thai herbs. My wife did choose a much too spicy dish but also another dish that I liked very much.

Yes, yes ..... I should try to remember the names of the dishes or write them down.

Bottom line .....
Will I come back? YES!
Would I recommend it? YES!